MustangsAcrossAmerica.com

Go Back   Mustangs Across America - Forum > Mustangs Across America Events and News > Archive: Convoy Drive to Edmonton, Alberta - Aug 27-31, 2006
User Name
Password

Old 12-24-2005, 08:11 AM
Fellow Traveler

Hi Birdman! Good to know you will be bathing -- now we can cross off one of our contingencies. We always know we're in the right group when we see your car! We'll be leaving from SoCal but we could posse up in Sacto. Is anyone else in this group down in the Southern or Central part of California? I know Kevin you said you'll be driving from NM, otherwise we'd pick you up in Paso Robles region.

Hi David - yes, nice to be back - we've monitored always but when Edmonton came up we felt strongly about this one. We were going to honeymoon in Edmonton but chose Hawaii instead. We'd love to see the beauty of Canada at that time of year. In '04 after MAA we took our time coming home with stops to see friends and, of course, dropped in to Disneyworld for little Amy. It took us 3 weeks for that whole trip and it is still at the top of our vacations list - it was AWESOME! The sights were great and the convoy just topped it so that no other experience is quite like a convoy vacation in a Mustang!

I do hope you can make it David. Can't you do the seminar by satellite or order the tapes -- you're a lawyer, you read fast, just order the transcript!

Mach1Me - sorry the site didn't have the info you needed. I'll keep my eyes open for further info.

Time to go bake some Christmas cookies!

Karol
Old 12-24-2005, 11:35 AM
King of the Road

Default Schedule

Hey all I will be posting more info when I get it from the Edmonton club but tentively I have booked my room for 4 days...checking in on August 31st and leaving Edmonton on Sept 4th after the go away breakfast. I would like for us to meet up with the group from the Northwest..BC & Washington on the 30th...I know that probabably what Greensnake will be doing. An alternate could be to meet them where that stay the night before Edmonton...which I believe they are talking about Jasper...which is up in the Rocky Mountains.`I'll let people know when I get more info...after all the whole idea is
TO HAVE FUN!
Old 12-26-2005, 06:48 PM
King of the Road

Flyin Black Stallion, I live about 14 miles south of Paso Robles and I'm going to try to make it back home to catch up with you or anybody. It'll be a "hi honey I'm home, I'll see ya in a few weeks..." sort of thing but at least I hope to have someone there to keep me awake! hhead, if you trailer, do you have one of your own? Are you renting? Let me know if it can carry 2 cars and I may split costs with you on the way back. Gotta think about contingency plans....

Happy New Year!!!!!
Kev
Old 12-26-2005, 10:00 PM
Fellow Traveler

kevin, the trailer I've got is just a single car carrier. but I will plan on having a second driver with me, so switching cars is no sweat. The only reason I say trailer is just wondering what king of mileage per day we're going to be talking about. 350 or 400 miles a day would be fine. also that is a long way to be possibly stranded. Coming home from Yosemite, I think I stopped just outside of Nev. Coming home I don't think would worry me as much, I made it all that way without a hitch so coming home should be no sweat???
I'm just thinking out loud. as the date gets closer and plans are finalized. I'll be able to see what I'm going to do.
Besides, are you just trying to get the long distance award from me
Old 12-27-2005, 07:25 AM
King of the Road

Hey guys...it's about 1450 miles from Sacramento to Edmonton and if we choose to meet up with the gang up north that could add 100 miles, depending on if we met them near the border when they start or the next day in Jasper Alberta. We should also start thinking about what motels we should look at..and what dates has everyone booked already in Edmonton...let me know.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:56 PM
King of the Road

Default INTERNATIONAL SHOW

Hey Brian -

Linda and I are considering the trip - just haven't made resaervations yet.

Would love to go in caravan, especially if you are up front! (if you are behind me, I have a new 2bbl carb so the gas smell should be gone!!!)

Regarding Hotels/Motels along the way. You know me - I want the points and nights credits whenever I can get them, so I vote for Best Western or Holiday Inn.

I will make Edmundton reservations soon - but count us in. (gosh I hope that new engine holds together)

Doug and Linda
Old 12-27-2005, 02:12 PM
Fellow Traveler

I made my reservations for the 1st thru the 4th.
So was Luckyman lucky this last week?
Hope you went home with some good times, and more spending money. 1450 miles doesn't sound too bad until the scenery gets nice, and then I'm gonna stop and enjoy..... Where is that AAA Tour Book??
Old 12-30-2005, 09:28 AM
King of the Road

Default The Calender of Events

Hey Guys I received this emailed Calender of events for the Show.

The show officially begins Friday, September 1, with Registration/Tech of participants vehicles @ 12:00 noon. The reception/kegger begins @ 7:00 PM later that day.

Saturday the Show & Shine begins @ 12:00 noon (set-up from 9:00 AM - 12 noon). A cruise/barbecue to Fort Edmonton Park is tentatively planned for Saturday evening.

Sunday there will be a cruise to the Reynolds Museum in Wetaskiwin (about an hour outside Edmonton). Drag racing at Budweiser Motorsports park Sunday afternoon.
The banquet will take place Sunday evening at 6:00 PM.

Monday morning there will be a farewell continental breakfast from approximately 6:00 - 9:00 AM.

We will add the calendar of events to our website in the new year. We look forward to seeing you here next September.

Regards,
Daryl Royer
President
Alberta Mustang Owners Association
www.amoaweb.com

I may add one day to my hotel reservations, Thursday night, if we decide to arrive on Thursday.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:51 AM
King of the Road

I am already booked for the Thursday night...if we did that we could try and arrange to head into Edmonton with the group from the Northwest if you all would like too. I am going to be heading down for the Mustang Plus show in April...maybe at that time if we have the dates we are going to be in Edmonton for we can...fine tune a route and book some motel on route...Have a great New Years All.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:27 PM
King of the Road

Hoping to have travel plans finalized in the next couple of weeks so we can secure motel rooms and have everything ready to go for Edmonton. I am going to travel most of the U.S. part of the route in April on the way home from the Mustangs Plus show.