MustangsAcrossAmerica.com

Go Back   Mustangs Across America - Forum > Mustangs Across America Events and News > Archive: Convoy Drive to Edmonton, Alberta - Aug 27-31, 2006
User Name
Password

Old 12-10-2005, 05:49 AM
King of the Road

Default 27th International Mustang Meet Edmonton, Alberta Sept 1-4

Well gang it's time to start talking road trip again...The 2006 International Meet is being held in Edmonton, Alberta at the home of the largest shopping center in North America...West Edmonton Mall. Come up and join us for some great Canadian Hospitality. If a bunch of you are still planning on driving up from Cali I may come down to start with you, then maybe we could meet up with my gang in the Northwest and travel in a group to Edmonton. Here is the link to the show website...book your hotel now...you can always cancel as long as it is 48 hours before check-in.... http://www.amoaweb.com

Last edited by luckyman2002 : 12-10-2021 at 12:00 PM.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:50 PM
King of the Road

Default 2006 International Mustang Show

Brian -

Getting itchy feet are we?

I just checked out the web site you listed and boy, did it peak my interest in attending this show.

As you can understand, I am somewhat reluctant about planning any long trips after my last couple of experiences, (don't need any more $500 radiators and $5,000 engines) but that web site has caused me to rethink my position. The Hotel looks like it is worth the trip in itself. I know if I show it to Linda, that we will be going, so I will give it some serious thought!

Lets see if we can't drum up some real interest in making this a large group event - perhaps Sam should / could / would consider this as a MAA activity.

Keep the information comming our way.

Doug
Old 12-11-2005, 03:14 PM
King of the Road

I'll make the reservation now. Count my money later. Helena was an awsome show and trip. I'm very intrested in this one.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:34 PM
King of the Road

I'm going too....had a great trip last September, gotta do it again! Ken, would love to travel up there with you and we have plenty of time to gather up a "posse"... I'm still yakking to everyone about Helena this year. Folks around me are getting tired about what we did!

Still have the paint job on hold, however got new tires and rally wheels put on and it looks like a new car! Put on sequential lights in the back and believe me it turns heads!

Also if I don't message everyone...MERRY CHIRISTMAS...and all the other holidays....HAPPY KWAHANNAMAS!!!!!!

Kev
Old 12-14-2005, 01:52 PM
Fellow Traveler

Default greensnake

HAVE CAR WILL TRAVEL !!! We are going and hope to have our son along with his 1966 Hertz. I plan to take our 1966 GT 350 on this trip. Have put a five speed and being a small block should help me avoid all those gas stops I experienced with the big block. Had to have a new paxton blower bracket made so will get this car on the road next month. We will most likely head north and join up with the Vancouver group.
Mery Xmas to All
Chuck & Marilyn
Old 12-14-2005, 09:23 PM
Fellow Traveler

Default Yep! The Road is Calling!

Keep us posted as details progress for joining the California Posse. 2009 is too long to wait and Knott's Berry and Long Beach don't have the real, soul-satisfying convoy.

We've decided to build an airplane -- our first one, a two-seat aerobatic is a ton of fun but with little Amy Jens we need more room so this time it'll be a four-place.

Canada sounds beautiful and if the money in the bank holds out we can take a break from plane building to join you fun people!

Rich, Karol & Amy Jens
Old 12-14-2005, 09:42 PM
Fellow Traveler

Default Edmonton

Hotel Reservations Have Been Made!!
Old 12-15-2005, 09:04 AM
Fellow Traveler

Edmonton, is on the radar. Hotel reservations made.
Brian, it would be nice to meet up with you Canadians again, heh.
A drive north to BC and then Edmonton?
This is going to be a long trip. I think from SoCal, this might be two weeks at least for me.
Chuck & Marilyn, on the way back maybe we can stay together for a little while before splitting up.
I still remember both of you leaving at 6a.m. at the break of dawn by yourselves, and then getting your letter later about the car trouble. This is always something I worry about traveling by myself!
Hopefully, this event will pick up interest. I see the 'governor' is here, Ken. maybe everyone from the Montana trip is in?

Rich aka WildCard
Old 12-16-2005, 03:23 PM
King of the Road

Man, do you guys have Ants in your pants?

Hotel reservations already?

OK, I have made my vacation request at this time. I'll make hotel reservations next.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:30 AM
Fellow Traveler

Default Edmonton

Come on Sam - let's kick it in gear here and make this an official MAA event!