+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 66 Fastback For Sale

66 Fastback For Sale

Hello everyone! It's been way too long since I've visited MAA and I've missed you!

Someone very famous must have said once, “The only constant in life is change.” And, that, in a nutshell, describes my life…

Since I moved to Arizona in 2005, my priorities have changed and I haven't spent very much time driving TheRedCar.

You and I both know these cars are MADE TO BE DRIVEN! So it is with mixed feelings and lots of emotion that I offer TheRedCar up for sale.

Vince Bodiford with Brighton MotorSports in Scottsdale is handling all the details. (It’s simply too emotional for me.) You can contact him at vinceb@brightonmotorsports.com or 480-483-4682.

You can view the pictures and get more information about buying the car here: http://bit.ly/g38qTw

I’ve taken great care of this car in the 10 years I’ve owned it. It has a very special place in my heart and I’m hoping the next owner will love and cherish it too. (Is that too mushy to say on the forum?)

It is the original 289 C-code engine (76k original miles), Signal Flare Red (original color but repainted about 12 years ago), black pony interior, automatic transmission, front disc brakes, electronic ignition, aluminum radiator, and has redline tires with less than 15k miles. Basically, I upgraded for safety but left everything else original.

Please contact Vince at Brighton Motorsports vinceb@brightonmotorsports.com if you’d like more information about the car.

but, drop me a line and let me know how you're doing! ljb
    linda

Linda . . .

I've wondered about you from time to time . . . Nice to hear from you.

So sorry to see you are selling "The Red Car", but understand that priorities and circumstances change. We sold our 67 last December and bought a 2011 in June. Mine was sold to an exported (Germany) and I am glad it went overseas . . . I never have to worry about seeing it at some care show. If your car is slow to sell (economy / price) and you're interested let me know and I'll give you the name of the guy I sold mine to. He makes 2 trips a year to the states and usually buys 12 cars each trip.

Hope we see you sometime along the way.

Take Care
    Doug Gompertz
    2011 MCA Edition: Candy Red Metallic
    (Formerly Owned 19641/2 Caspian Blue 260 COUPE / 1967 289 Acapolco Blue Convertible)
    09 MAA #049 / 04 MAA #181

Doug, Good to see you're still out there too! With a 2011 Candy Red Metallic? Sounds Positively WONDERFUL!! You must be having fun with that.

Please email or PM me the information about the guy from Germany. I too would prefer TheRedCar goes overseas... I think it would do great there. :-)

My email is ljbutson@cox.net. I appreciate any information you could send along. Thanks! ljb
    linda

Well, with mixed emotions, I'm here to report TheRedCar arrived in New Zealand just a few days ago. A collector purchased the car and I'm grateful for that. I will continue to poke around on the MAA site and I hope you'll all continue to keep in touch. I'm still out there driving...only in a MINI this time! ljb
    linda

Linda

Big Daddy here

We'll always keep a seat open for you.
    Do your folks know you still play with cars?
    Are we having fun yet!

MAA Alumni 04;05;09
    Richard "Big Daddy" Liverani

2005 Torch Red GT Coupe
    FASTHUH

That is Doug unless some nut in Germany decide to ship it over and go on the 50th anniverary drive, nothing would surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Gompertz View Post
    Linda . . .

I've wondered about you from time to time . . . Nice to hear from you.

So sorry to see you are selling "The Red Car", but understand that priorities and circumstances change. We sold our 67 last December and bought a 2011 in June. Mine was sold to an exported (Germany) and I am glad it went overseas . . . I never have to worry about seeing it at some care show. If your car is slow to sell (economy / price) and you're interested let me know and I'll give you the name of the guy I sold mine to. He makes 2 trips a year to the states and usually buys 12 cars each trip.

Hope we see you sometime along the way.

Take Care

Life is about having fun!
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread